K. J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research
K. J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research (SIMSR) was established in 1981 as a part of Somaiya Vidyavihar with the objective of providing world class education in management and allied areas. SIMSR aims to provide meaningful and relevant education that emphasizes both liberal and professional aspects of higher education, steeped in rich Indian culture and heritage. SIMSR has a 55 acre lush green campus with 1000+ beds hostel. The campus also offers various indoor and outdoor sports facilities (Olympic size running track, squash courts, football ground, basketball court, badminton court, et al to name a few of the many recreational facilities) & varied forms of art. SIMSR is fully geared up to facilitate global managers to avail opportunities presented in India & across the world.
India’s economy is now the 6th largest in the world with the new initiatives such as ‘Make in India’, ‘Digital India’ ‘Skill India’, ‘Start-up India’, ‘Smart Cities’ and various business friendly reforms have significantly created a positive business environment in India. India aspires to achieve equitable economic development and sustainable livelihood opportunities for its 1.25 billion population. Mumbai, the financial capital of India is the busiest airport in the world. It is also the nerve center of the country's ebullient movie and television industry - Bollywood.
SIMSR has launched Bloomberg Finance Lab, offers Mandarin as an elective language, Master’s Thesis for PGDM programmes, HOLSEM – Holistic Self-Management for students and faculty, Ankur ELI – Experiential Learning Initiative – a community service initiative to teach English language to students belonging to under privileged sections of society. SIMSR has signed 12 MOU’s with universities in China, USA, New Zealand and Europe.
SIMSR has a pool of experienced faculty who facilitate the development of knowledge, skills & competencies. Faculty members present papers in national and international conferences. Faculty members also publish research papers, case studies & books. Faculty are also active in facilitating training programs and consultancy assignments for the industry.
SIMSR students are fully engaged through 360 degrees holistic learning opportunities in the form of intensive classroom coaching through case studies, live projects, guest lectures, participation in the co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, summer internships, international immersion opportunities, industry visits, mentorship. The culture in SIMSR is participative in nature and students through Student council, committees and clubs play an important role in learning and governance process of the institute.
SIMSR continues its engagement with its alumni through various initiatives, events and activities, and build a partnership with alumni.
Our objectives are:
- Establish strong linkages with industry, academic and social institutions and corporate world.
- Offer enabling environment for research, consultancy and management development programmes
- Continuously upgrade academic & physical infrastructure in terms of faculty, library, computing & communication facilities to stimulate learning.
- Offers world class education of global standards to students and train them to be competent, ethical and socially responsible citizens.
- Provide congenial environment to faculty, staff and students residents for innovation and continuous improvement in all functional areas & processes keeping in view the environmental sustainability and societal welfare.
The institute is consistently ranked among top 25 management institutes and top 10 private sector B-schools in India. In the western region, SIMSR is one of the Top Leading Private B-Schools of Super Excellence.
Accreditations and Recognitions
- Registered for AACSB Accreditation since July 2012
- UGC granted autonomous status to the Institute in AY 2013 onwards
- NBA accredited from 2005
- PGDM programme of the Institute is accredited by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) since 2005.
- Certified as ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 29990:2010 by Bureau VERITAS Quality International
Approval In India, SIMSR is approved by the following Government bodies:
- All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE)
- Ministry Of HRD, Govt. of India
- University of Mumbai.
International Affiliations for International Immersion Programme
- Aston University, UK
- Beijing Foreign Studies University, China
- Communication University of China
- DHBW Stuttgart, Germany
- New Jersey City University, USA
- Saint Martin’s University, USA
- The University of Akron, Ohio, USA.
- THI Business School, Ingolstadt, Germany
- University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria, Steyr, Austria
- University of Applied Sciences, Krems, Austria
- University of San Diego, USA
- Yunnan University, China
The Post Graduate Diploma in Management program is the flagship 2-year full time program offered by SIMSR. The program focuses on inculcating leadership and integrative thinking skills in the learners. It has an illustrious history of students who have made a name for themselves in the corporate world, both in India and abroad. In the second year, electives are also offered to the students which result in developing inter-disciplinary perspectives.
Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Executive
The Post Graduate Diploma in Management program is a 15-month full time program comprising of 5 trimesters. Key objectives through this program is to deliver to the students a thorough understanding of the latest general management and leadership thoughts, methods and techniques and their effective use of people management, infrastructure management, financial management & optimizing resources in Indian and global organizations.
|Program duration||15 months||24 months|
|Seats||60 Seats(All 60 seats are available for Indian and Foreign nationals) + supernumerary seats available for PGDM Core||120 Seats + 18 Supernumerary seats (6 for Children of Indian Gulf workers, 6 for Person of Indian Origin & 6 for Foreign nationals)|
|Specializations offered||General management program with focus on leadership and strategic management.||Finance, Marketing, Operations and Human Resources|
|Tuition Fees for current batch* *Subject to revision||INR 6,66,5000||INR 12,03,500 (AY 2018-20)|
|Hostel and Mess charges for current batch* *Subject to revision||Hostel - INR 1,73,810(13 Months) Mess - INR 54,600(13 Months)||Hostel - INR 1,39,700 including refundable deposit of INR 25000 Cafeteria charges – INR 42000|
Students should have completed their under-graduate degree from a recognized university.
- Entrance exams scores accepted: GMAT, CAT, XAT, CMAT
- Submission of an online admission form
K. J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research
- Vidyanagar, Vidyavihar (E).
- Mumbai - 400077.
- SIMSR Board line: +91-22- 6728 3000 / 6728 3050
- For Admissions: +91 - 22-6728 3277 / 3000 / 3050